Monday, November 17, 2008

Two weekends and In Between

Two weekends ago we went to visit some close friends in Odem, Texas. As most of ya'll know, that is where Brandon went to junior high and high school. Brandon has so many close friends there that we love to go visit. Everytime I go there I try to imagine how it would be to grow up in a small town. You can't get away with anything because everyone knows everyone, but it is so special how close everyone is. Saturday, we spent the day with the Martinez family. Malley had so much fun playing with all the kids! Brandon and I had a blast seeing everyone. Sunday, we went to church (the church Brandon's dad preached at) and had lunch with the Ray's and Rackley's. It was great seeing them. They are wonderful friends and I know Brandon holds all the Odem family close to his heart!

This pass weekend we went to Braden's, Malley's cousin, birthday party. She had so much fun playing with all her cousins! It took awhile for Malley to warm up to it all, but once she did, she was everywhere. After the party we went and ate with Chance and her friend Addison. On the way home Malley was singing one minute and the next she was out cold. It was a long day for her!

What has Malley been up too? Well everything I mean everything is "Mine." That is her favorite word these days. Sometimes it gets out of hand and if she does not get her way, talk about a little temper showing. Other favorite words are "thak yu for thank you, mamma. dada, layla, bubba, mil for milk, uh oh, and ooh. She picked up thank you because she likes to take her diaper to the trash and I always say thank you. Eventually, she started saying it after me. It is pretty funny to watch her run to get her diaper change or go to bed. We just have to ask her if she is ready and there she goes. She likes her sleep like her Mommy. Another new thing she has started is, we start out sleeping with her bumper pad all tied up neatly but when Mommy goes to get her after she wakes up somehow all the ties are undone. I always know when she does it because you can hear her playing in her room and every once in a while she starts giggling. Then she is quite again, I guess that is when she is untieing them. The other day she untied them before she fell asleep and when we went in there to check on her she was laying on top of the bumper pad. It was pretty cute!



Giving Gram a kiss before she had to go.

Malley thought the bike Braden was on looked like fun so she had to try her own.



She found a bike that she could fit on but someone had to push her because she could not reach the pedals.


Playing with her cousins, Braden and Ethan


No comments: